Friday 6 November 2015

It's all about Cross Country

Well I haven't blogged for a while probably because I've been busy racing :).  The 24 hour race went really well, hardly any issues with my ankle and I've also bought some new trainers, which seem to have done the world of good.  The running highlight of September was Worcester 10K, which was an absolutely fantastic race, everything about it was spot on - the weather, the course, the crowds, the fellow runners, Jo Pavey and a brilliant PB in a distance that is not normally one of my favourites.  Cardiff Half Marathon and Great Birmingham Run followed in October, which were both good experiences but I wasn't feeling too well for either of them due to viruses going around.  Its a funny thing running when you're ill, you're putting in 110% effort but your body just feels out of sorts and you realise you just can't push anymore and you have to take a break. Taking a bit of a break wasn't too bad an experience as there's nothing like not being able to do something to make you realise how much you miss it! After the much needed break, I built up the training again and its now full on with plenty of Cross Country races to keep me motivated up until Marathon training starts in January. The only issue I'm finding at the moment is dragging myself out into the dark to run ever since the clocks changed. Its not even cold but the darkness just makes me want to curl up on the sofa.Thankfully the desire to do well at Cross Country is over-riding the desire to stay inside, which shows how important it is to have a target to keep you motivated.  Also the social aspect of group efforts means that I don't want to miss seeing my running club friends, so on goes the trainers and jacket and out I go, after all its only a few months of darkness before we all start looking forward to Spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment