Friday 4 September 2015

Big weekend of 24 hour running coming up!

It has been a quietish week running wise.  Firstly there were track efforts on Tuesday, the track was very wet after a crazy storm descended over Worcester, so we enjoyed splashing through the puddles on our 6 x 400m efforts, with 200m recoveries.  It wasn't a long session but the lack of recovery and the fact that I was being chased by 4 club mates meant that it felt really tough!  The next day my legs felt extremely tight, especially my heels and ankles. I had agreed to go on a recovery run with a friend who is injured but I was so slow that I felt like I was holding her up and not the other way round.  I've been having a lot of issues with my ankles, heels lately and each morning when I get up, they are so stiff that I'm more or less hobbling down the stairs.  I've had a very painful massage on my ankle and calves and have been given exercises to do off the step, I'm also going to buy some new running shoes in the hope that it will get easier.  Probably not the best physical condition to be going into a 24 hour relay race but at least I'm in a team of 8 so will get a lot of rest between laps.  I don't want to stop running but have been trying to be sensible and incorporating more cross-training, such as spin and last night I did some weight training to try and get stronger.  Fingers crossed its not too uncomfortable running at the weekend, as its such a fun event.

No comments:

Post a Comment