Friday 28 August 2015

Erring on the side of caution

Its been a funny old week, whereby plans to train with my running club have gone out of the window, due to an accident on my bike (Tuesday) and a lack of energy and fear of damaging my ankle again (last night) have meant that I have mainly trained on my own.  I normally enjoy the efforts sessions that I take part in with my club, the camaraderie and shared pain get us all through the sessions but Tuesday I was too shook up and back late to make it to the athletics track so I had a rest and resumed training the next day. Wednesday's session involved 3 x 10 minutes at Threshold, which was a tough session but mainly on the flat, which worries me a lot less than Thursday night's efforts which largely consist of running very fast downhill and around a corner, which I decided were not good for my still fragile ankle.  I opted instead for a short recovery run on the flat, which was fine but not entirely social.  Never mind I managed a run with a friend who is coming back from injury today, so that meant that not all my runs were solitary.  I've got parkrun in the morning, where I'll be running with approximately 500 people so unlikely to feel lonely there and next week I aim to make it to the track to train with my club friends as whilst its great to run on your own sometimes, it can get rather lonely when its all the time and there's nothing like training in a group to make you push yourself that little bit harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment